BEEF & LAMB'S ESSENTIAL NUTRIENTS
For a healthy and active lifestyle, we recommend to eat True Aussie Beef & Lamb 3-4x / week, 100grams each. Not only Protein, beef and lamb are packed with essential nutrients our body needs for good health, i.e.:
- Iron: essential for producing energy and prevent anemia; iron in beef and lamb
- Zinc: essential for normal growth and development in children and supporting a healthy immune system to fight infections
- Omega 3: provide 'healthy fat'; the type of omega-3 fat found in beef and lamb is the same ‘healthy’ fat found in fish
- Vitamin B12: only found in animal foods; important in the body for healthy functioning of our nervous and immune system as well as normal growth and development in children
IRON IN TRUE AUSSIE BEEF & LAMB
Beef and lamb are one of the best sources of well absorbed Iron and Zinc. The redder the meat, the higher the Iron content. That’s one of the reasons why when compared to the same amount of chicken, beef and lamb has triple the amount of Iron and Zinc.
Why does your body need Iron?
- For energy - iron is essential for producing energy from food and contributes to the reduction of tiredness and fatigue.
- For your brain - iron carries oxygen to the brain and contributes to normal cognitive function i.e. ability to concentrate and learn.
- To fight infections - the immune system depends on iron to work properly.
- For normal growth and development - in babies, toddlers and children.READ MORE ABOUT ROLE OF IRON